Name of EventEaster Sunday
Traditional glazed Easter Ham
|Preparation time||15- 20 minutes|
|Cooking time||50-55 minutes|
- 1/4 cup freshly squuezed orange juice
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup best quality maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. hot english mustard
- 4 1/2 kg half leg ham with rind on
- 50 cloves
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place juice, zest, maple syrup, sugar and mustards in saucepan over high heat and whisk to combine. Bring to boil and cook for 5 mins until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rind from ham by pushing your fingers inbetween meat and rind, leaving a generous covering of fat on the meat.
- Pull rind back as you continue to work your hand over meat. Cut off at bone and remove. Score fat and stud with cloves.
- Place ham onto lined baking tray and brush liberally with glaze. Bake for 25 minutes, brush with remaining glaze and return to oven for further 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Carve and serve.