Name of EventEaster Sunday
Traditional Easter chocolate and ricotta sweet pie
|Preparation time||25-30 minutes + 1 hour resting time|
|Cooking time||50-55 minutes|
- 1 2/3 cup (200 grams) cups all-purpose/plain flour
- 2 tbsp granulated/caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) cold diced butter
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- pinch of baking powder
- To make the pie crust add all the ingredients to a food processor. Pulse for about 2 minutes until it forms a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- When the dough is chilled, place it on a lightly floured surface and roll it out in a 10 inch diameter circle. Cover the bottom and the sides of a 9 ” pie pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for few more minutes.
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl combine the ricotta cheese, sugar, flour, cinnamon, orange zest and orange extract.
- In another mixing bowl whisk the eggs, until creamy yellow in color, around 5 minutes. Fold the eggs into the cheese mixture.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, slightly press them in.
- Bake for 50 minutes without opening the oven.
- When the time is up, turn off the oven, crack open the door and let the pie completely cool.
- Just before serving dust with powderd/icing sugar.
For more Easter Festive recipes visit our festive events page.
If you need Italian groceries we recommemd The destination for Italian cooking and