Name of EventEaster Sunday
Coconut cookie nests filled with Nutella/Caramel and Easter egg candies.
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||15-20 minutes|
- 14 ounce/400 grams package sweetened, flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose/plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup Nutella
- chocolate candy eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment/baking paper.
- In a large bowl, blend coconut, sugar, flour, baking powder, almond extract, and salt until combined.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl of stand mixer until soft peaks form. Fold coconut mixture into egg whites until just combined.
- Roll spoonfuls of coconut mixture between palms to golf ball size cookies and then flatten into a disk. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, and then open the oven and use the back of a spoon to create a well in the cookie and reshape it into a nest. Continue cooking until coconut is slightly golden and toasted, about 5-10 more minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, 30 minutes.
- Fill each well with Nutella and fill with 3-4 candy coated chocolate eggs.