Name of EventEaster Sunday
|Preparation time||15-20 minutes + 1 hour refrigeration|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
|Main Ingredient||sugar cacao powder|
- 6 tbsp. vegan margarine
- 3 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup sifted cacao powder for raw or natural "un-dutched" cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 cup chopped almonds, soaked and dehydrated raw almonds (for raw) or roasted almonds
- Extra cacao powder for dusting tops (for raw) or natural "un-dutched" cocoa powder for non- raw
- Pinch of fine sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup freeze dried raspberries or other freeze dried berries(optional)
- Lightly grease a 5×9-inch loaf pan using a little of the margarine or line with parchment/baking paper
- Place the remaining margarine, sugar, cocoa, vanilla, salt and soy milk in a heatproof mixing bowl or the upper part of a double broiler.
- Place the bowl or boiler over simmering water and stir until smooth. .
- Mix in the freeze dried raspberries (if using) and chopped almonds
- Pour the mixture quickly into the prepared pan. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into desired sized pieces and dust with additional cacao powder before serving.